It is very important to eat healthy things for breakfast so that you can stay energetic throughout the day. In this case, eating Idli, a special dish of the South, is the best option. Idli rich in nutrients is tasty to eat and also helps in maintaining good health. By the way, usually people eat simple idli. But you can also try filling it with spices.
Image Source : www.udupi-recipes.com
- Idli batter- 1 bowl
- Boiled mashed potatoes- 2
- Green Peas – 1/4 Cuff
- Green Chilies – 1-2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger slice – 1/2 inch
- Curry leaves- 8-10
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Rye- 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala- 1/4 tsp
- Green Coriander – 2 Tbsp (Finely Chopped)
- Oil- 2 tbsp
For stuffing :
1. First heat oil in a pan and add ginger, rye, curry leaves, green chilies and fry.
2. Now add peas and potatoes and cook.
3. Now add red chilli, salt, turmeric, amchoor and coriander powder in the pan and mix.
4. Pour the prepared mixture into a bowl.
1. Heat 2 cups of water in a cooker.
2. Now put oil on the idli molds and pour the idli mixture.
3. Now make small shells from the mixture from the stuffing and put it in the idli batter.
4. Now add 1 teaspoon of idli from above and press lightly.
5. Cover the cooker and let it cook on medium heat of gas for about 10-15 minutes.
6. Now check the idli with the help of a knife.
7. If there is batter in the knife, cook it for a while more.
8. Now turn off the gas and remove the idli from the cooker.
9. Take out the idli in a serving plate and serve with coconut and green chutney.
10. Get your stuffed idli ready.